Friday, April 3, 2009

Organization, Here I Come....

Last night I went to Enrichment Night. The course of enrichment in our lives was about being/getting organized. They had some lady who was previously a "professional organizer" come and give us a lesson on this topic. I learned 3 things there.... #1: I am not organized nearly as much as I thought I was and, #2: I probably will never be as organized as what that lady was, and 3#: there is such things as "personal organizers" ... I was able to get plenty of insight on how to better organize my life though, and hopefully I can put into action some of these tips that she gave us... who ever knew that those plastic over-the-door shoe organizers came in so handy for so many different things? Like have you ever thought to use one to store all of your cleaning supplies; or what about using one to store all of your seasoning packets in you pantry? Wonderful ideas, don'tcha think? (I need to go to Target now and collect me a few of these handy-dandy organizers) So my new goal is to get my home more organized and that it stays that way. I always have great intentions of keeping a clean and organized home but with a family, they definitely don't get much further than intentions... Hopefully this will all change. I have great plans now to organize the toys, and the pantry, and the food storage, and my files, and my sock drawer and whatever else I find that needs organizing along the way. So now weather my family likes it or not, I will organize my home and we will spend the recommended 10 minutes a day to put everything back in it's place to keep it that way:)

Here is this cool quote that the lady had on the bulletin board that I found quite profound, but don't ask my who it was by, cuz I forgot....
"Motivation is what gets you started...
Habit is what keeps you going..."

No comments:

Post a Comment