Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fineally Home

After 3 weeks and 1 day in the NICU, we were finally able to bring Camden home on Wednesday, April 14th. This was actually ironic since that was my 35 week date which was the goal for when the Dr's wanted to schedule my C-Section for. But of course we didn't make it that far. :) Our little boy is still tiny but he is getting bigger. When we brought him home, he was weighing in at only 4 lbs 3 ounces and was only 16 1/2 inches long. Rob and I got to the hospital right around the time that they do the rounds, 11:00 am because we knew that he couldn't go until then. We sat in on Camden's rounds which is when the Dr, Pharmacist, Nurse Practitioner, Charge Nurse, Nurse, and Respiratory Therapist decide the plan of action for the day. Since I have practically been living at the hospital the last 3 weeks, I have sat in on these quite a few times so I understand most of the lingo they speak. Rob on the other hand, is still mostly clueless. Anyways, since we were getting discharged, there was no plan for the day but going home, but the Dr decided to tease us a little. He was said that his RR, (Respiratory Rate) wasn't supposed to go over 65 and it was at 66 and he didn't know how he felt about that.... I immediately started laughing since I knew that really the RR needed to be between 10 and 100. The look on Rob's face was priceless. He was worried that we wouldn't be able to take him home after all. Then he realized that it was all a joke. :) After rounds, we started the discharge process and was able to leave by 1:00 pm.















When we got home, Rob dropped me and Camden off at the house and then he went to get Maysie over at his Dad's house. When they got back to the house, Maysie was so excited to see the baby. She just kept grinning form ear to ear. :) In fact, when we dropped her off at Papa Merlins house, we asked if she wanted to see Grandpa. She said, "No" then we asked her if she wanted to see Camden. She said, "Yes". We didn't know if she believed us if we really did have a baby brother named Camden since she had never seen him before. For the most part, she loves her brother and is constantly wanting to hold him and loves to help feed him and give him his Binky.












This picture just shows how tiny Camden is. This doll of Maysie's is only a medium size and Camden is actually the same size only with smaller features. The clothes that he is wearing were basically the only preemie sized clothes that we bought yet I think that they run more like newborn size since they are still humongo on him. In fact, the next day, I sent Rob to Walmart to get more diapers for him and told him to get a couple more preemie outfits.... He came back with like 12 sleepers but there is only 3 different designs. :) I don't think he can ever buy just one of something. :)


















It has definitely been alittle bit of an adjustment by having 2 kiddo's but I think that by the end of next week, I'll be more in the swing of things and have more of a schedule figured out. Rob will be going back to work this next week and then our lives will slowly regain some normalcy once again. :)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! How big was he when they let him come home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was barely 4 lbs 3 ounces. He is still a tiny little guy but he is strong and acts just like any regular newborn.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keli - We are so happy that he is home. We wanted to come see you this weekend, but some of the kids were sick and they had been exposed to fifth's disease (still not really sure what that is) and we didn't want to take any chances w/ Camden. I'll be coming through SLC in the next few weeks w/out kids and would like to stop by though if that would be all right. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, stop on by. We definately are not going anywhere for a while. :) Hope your kiddo's are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete