Monday, May 17, 2010

Boyfriends...

Maysie is not quite 2 years old now and already we have boys circling the house for her, well one boy at least. Seriously, I thought we would have a few more years before this was supposed to start, like at least 30 more years. Ha Ha, just kidding ... (Well if Rob had his way it would be like that :) ) I was outside planting flowers in the front yard and Maysie was running around the yard going from the front to the back when our 5 year old little neighbor boy, Caleb came over to play with Maysie. The next thing I know is that they are holding hands and running all around the yard just giggling and playing. It is super cute watching little tykes holding hands and all, but then realality strikes and you realize that it is your child running around the yard holding hands and it kinda becomes another story. Then Caleb asked if Maysie could go to his house and play cuz they had a bigger slide and a swing set for her to play on which totally tells me that we have a very boring yard with lack of fun toys hence a small back yard. I told him to go make sure it was ok with his mom since I figured that it would be good for Maysie to interact with other kids, so he told Maysie, very politely might I add, that he would be back to get her real soon. She of course pouted because she just wanted to go with him, and he just gave her a hug and said he would hurry back. :) Yikes, seriously, I was trying not to laugh but then I was also shaking in the knees that the boys are calling for her already, and I know that this is just the start of it. So Caleb took off on his scooter and before I knew it, he was back with popsicles, one for Maysie and one for himself, and a huge smile on his face because his mom said that she could come over and paly. So he grabbed her hand and walked her to his house. I wanted to make sure that my neighbor would be outside with them because they have a lot of bigger toys that I could just invision Maysie getting hurt on because she would want to try them out by herself. So we got over there and I talked to his mom and we walked into the back yard. The next thing I knew, Caleb was helping Maysie onto a swing on the swing set and then pushing her. There was Caleb's 2 brothers there too and then also our other neighbor boy that is just a few months older than Maysie but Caleb only wanted to play with Maysie and Maysie really only wanted to play with Caleb. Whenever they would switch areas of the back yard, then they would walk hand in hand. Umm, ok... I think we better not tell Rob about this or he'll be cleaning his shot-gun so to speak because I can tell you that he is definitely not ready for his little girl to grow up like this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment