Monday, August 2, 2010

Trent and Johanna's Big Day

Saturday, Trent and Johanna finally said "I Do" in a beautiful ceremony in the Salt Lake Temple. It was quite an amazing experience to be able to witness the Sealing and to share this special day with them. When I was inside the temple, Johanna asked if I could help her get into her dress, etc. How amazing it was to be able to be there to help her do this. I was able to see the bride's room and all it's glory which I know is a rare occasion.

Here is the bride and groom freshly married and walking outside the temple doors to meet and greet the family and friends that came to the temple.

Since practically all of Johanna's family couldn't attend the temple ceremony, the held a special ring ceremony before the reception started. Maysie was a flower girl and had the opportunity to walk down the isle with my niece Brooklynn. We were all a little nervous if these two would cooperate in our antics or not but they were so big walking down the isle holding hands with big smiles on there faces. When they got to the end, the stood there dancing and hugging each other. It was priceless and of course so cute to watch. Here is the best picture I could get of them dancing, too bad Maysie's back was turned away from the camera.



After the ring ceremony we went into the gym for the reception to start. Another family member was nice enough to take a quick family picture for us showing off our wedding attire. Maysie was not in the mood for more pictures since we had about a gazillion family pictures taken at the temple earlier that day. Camden looked so adorable in his little tux and the tiny green tie that Johanna made and Maysie was stunning as always in her fun little tu-tu dress that was made for all the nieces and flower girls. All the men/boys in the family had green ties that were handmade and the ladies of the family had to wear a dress that was in the wedding colors. As you can tell, the colors were pink and green.

Here is one of my favorite pictures of the night. Rob dancing with Maysie on the stage. I can't recall how they got to that point but I am guessing that Rob was just trying to get Maysie's attention from her desire to run all over the place ... or just to the dessert table where the chocolate fountain was located. :)



Finely the reception came to the end and the happy couple was ready to leave, yet thanks to Willy, they couldn't leave since their truck got the boot. :) But this gave Rob a chance to pull Trent aside and give him the talk... You know the one about only drinking a cold glass of water and nothing else talk... I guess once a big brother, always a big brother.... :) But I'm pretty sure that Trent ignored Rob's suggestion and Rob just has to deal with his little sister growing up, and being a married woman now.





No comments:

Post a Comment