Sunday, December 30, 2012

Happy Happy UN-Birthday Maysie dear!

The week right before Christmas was like most households, busy and hectic.  Maysie had her "Un-Birthday" the last real day of school.  Of course at this age, it is a BIG deal to have a birthday, so her school goes all out, and is even awesome enough to let the summer birthday kids, like Maysie, celebrate their birthday on their 6 month birthday.  We made a little book all about Maysie and read it to her classmates.  I was even able to learn a few things about her....  but that is because it is normally a different answer every week.  :)  As we were compiling pictures for her book, I totally forgot how little she was.  When I look at Maysie, I don't think she has changed much in looks, but when I looked at her baby pictures, I wouldn't be able to recognize her if I wasn't her doting mom.  One thing that hasn't changed is that she is still as cute as a button. 
 
Anyways...  to make this book for her, I asked her a series of questions....  Here is what she answered (In the book, we added pictures of her that went along with the question)
 
What is your favorite thing about birthdays? the balloons, de-lish-us birthday cake :), and wearing a birthday crown.
 
What is your favorite thing to do with Dad? ride in the semi with him like I did when I was a baby
 
What is your favorite thing to do with Mommy? helping her cook, especially when we make yummy treats.
 
What is your favorite thing do do with Camden? play toys.  Sometimes we play with my toys and sometimes we play with his cars.  We like to play outside too.
 
What is your favorite color?  pink and purple
 
What is your favorite food? fruits and vegetables.  I love apples and cucumbers the most!
 
What is your favorite animal? Dogs, cats and chipmunks
 
What is your favorite cartoon? Strawberry Shortcake, or maybe My Little Pony's or The Berenstain Bears.  I like them all.
 
What do you want to be when you grow up? like mommy.  She takes good care of me and Camden.  She also gives me band aids, teaches me stuff, plays with my hair, colors and plays on the computer.
 
What is your favorite holiday? 4th of July, because of the pretty fireworks; Halloween, because I get to dress up in silly costumes and getting candy Trick-or-Treating; and Christmas because I love to see Santa Claus and his reindeer and the Christmas lights. And when it is cold I get to drink hot chocolate with marshmallows in it.
 
 
Anyways, at the end, we added a picture of her at school, and practicing piano, and from dance too.  It turned out really cute, at least I think so.  :)  Rob came a for some reason, he only videoed me reading the book the the class, and he didn't take any pictures and I am technology stupid and can't figure out how to even up load our camera to our computer let alone get it onto the blog....  so you'll just have to take my word for it.
 
Once the story was over, we gave the kids cupcakes that we got from the grocery store.  I don't know why the bakery has to use so much food coloring in their frosting, but by the time everyone was done eating them our tongues were died green, red or purple depending on what cupcake your grabbed.
 
 



Since I was in control of the camera again, well for a moment at least, I snapped a quick picture of my cute kiddo's munchin' on their grub.  Evidently, they were distracted by either another classmate or the teacher since they definitely weren't looking at me, and Rob was standing behind them.  :)  After treats, then Maysie's sweet teacher presented her with a My Little Pony book.  It made her day and it was fun being able to see Maysie in the classroom setting and interacting with the other kids. 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment