Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Blessings


The kids in there Easter get-up


Maysie playing with her bubbles she got.

Trying to catch the bubbles with her tounge.

Our family and the Easter bowl
The only picture we really got of Maysie and her dress. This is that stuffed animal that she dragges with her every where that I was talking about on a previous blog.


So I thought that our family was getting over this cold sensation... I was totally wrong. Maysie is still sick and with her cutting another tooth, the poor thing is miserable. Rob and I was up almost the whole night with her. She had really high fever that finally broke around 4:00 this morning. Normally she is really good about letting us give her medicine our even when we have to suck her nose out with the "bubble thing" but since she has been sick this time, she has come to the conclusion that these tools are evil and screams every time. Hopefully she gets better soon. I feel so helpless because I know she doesn't feel good but no matter what we do, it isn't really working. I guess we just need to let nature take it's course and say our prayers that it doesn't get any worse and that she can get some rest/strength while she has it.

On a happier note, Easter was fun... We woke up early on Sunday and had Maysie search for the eggs. She actually did really good and found about 15 of them before she grew board of this "game". There was candy in some of them and then there was some money in some so she liked to just shake them and hear them rattle. After she found her eggs, then we got ready for church. Since it was stake conference, I chose to go to my sisters ward with her family. (There was no way I was about to attempt keeping Maysie still for 2 hours without no breaks by myself) It was lots of fun. Sandi was in town with her family too so it was great to be with both of my sisters and there families. We don't get a chance to be together very often. Both of my sisters daughters had polka-dot dresses for Easter and same with Maysie, so we wanted to get pictures of the girls together all dressed up anyways so it worked out really good just to drive into Diana's and go to church there. Maysie looked so stinkin' cute in her dress. After church, I went home to be with Rob. (He got talked into going to church with his mom.... he hasn't went to church there for so long really, I have really mixed feelings about this, but that is for another day....) Anyways after church was over for all of us, we BBQ'ed steak and had a really nice dinner with just us. That doesn't happen very often on holidays. Normally we have some sort of gathering with Rob's family with every holiday and then some... Rob's mom did come over later that day to take some pictures of us all dressed up so we could get a few shots of the whole family. That was nice of her. After dinner we just vegged out in front of the TV watching the Love Saga movies that I had DVR'ed already. It was a really wonderful day. I tried not to have ton's of gifts from the "Easter Bunny" but we did a family bowl instead of individual baskets and everything we got in it was all family orientated with the exception of a duck stuffed animal for Maysie. She picked it up in the store and would not put it down at all, so me being the impulsive shopper, bought it to put into the Easter bowl. :) It worked out really well I think. Hopefully next year we can bring out more of an emphasis of the Savior and the real reason why we celebrate Easter. I know that Maysie is too young to understand but sometimes we underestimate what these babies really know and understand. I guess what I am saying is that it is never really too early to bear your testimonies to them and show by example how much you love the Gospel and our Savior and show our gratitude to Him for his sacrifice for all of us.

1 comment:

  1. We always do Easter Bunny stuff on Saturday, so that on Sunday we can concentrate on what's most important, and not be trying to wrestle candy filled Easter eggs out of a two year old's hand during Sacrament meeting :-) It's worked for us so far . . . it helps me find a balance, and keep seperate, the different parts of Easter!
    She looks adorable in that polka dot dress!

    ReplyDelete