
Down town landscapes....
Well if you guessed Denver then, DING! DING! DING! Your right. He had to take a load there to deliver it on Thursday morning. It rained on and off the whole way there.... Which makes it an even more long trip while traveling on I-80 through Wyoming. We decided to drive all the way to Cheyanne and then cut down on I-25 instead of going the way we went last time which we got off in Larimie and took a highway through the mountains. It was a nice drive and it was alot of fun to be able to go with him. I love not having to work outside the home anymore because I was never able to go on any long trip without giving a few days notice. I missed out on some of Rob's longer trips, (any trip that is longer than just overnight). Maysie is quite the little traveler. She often just goes to sleep once the truck starts rollin' down the road and then wakes up periodically throughout the trip for a few minutes then goes back to sleep.... It is funny because she'll be sound asleep and then when Rob stops and pulls his breaks on she automatically wakes up and is ready to go... :) Funny kid. Normally when Rob is unloading, we watch a movie or just read books... This time we watched her reading movie which I am happy to add that she recoginized the word "clap" while we were gone. :) Some of Maysie's favorite things to try and play with is cell phones, keys and remotes. When we were watching the movie, she just held on to the remote like she owned it... It made me laugh, so of course I took a picture.
Watching TV and chillin' on the bed...
Doesn't she look so grown up?
Before we started our journey back to Utah, we had to fuel up all the way especially since there are very few stopping places between Denver and Grand Junction. (We took I-70 on the way home). So we booked it over to Flying J, with only a small detour because of a wrong turn... (I told Rob to use the GPS system, but he being a "man" knew where we were going because he looked at a map.... anyways, the Flying J was East of where we were and of course we went West when getting on the Interstate and had to go 4 or 5 miles until we could get to an exit to turn around.... What's with men and directions? ha ha. :) J/K - I love you Lovey) So since we had to fill up the deisel guzzlers... We decided to just eat breakfast at the restraunt inside the Flying J. The food reminded me of a hospital or a school... although, the hashbrowns were amazing! ( I ate alot of those - that was also about the only thing that was really "normal" tasting :) ) Before we left we baught a couple of postcards to put into our scrapbook too. While I was going to the ladies room before we started our journey, Rob watched Maysie. I couldn't find them when I got out. When I fineally found them, Maysie was riding a rocking horse with the biggest smile ever! I wish I had the camera with us but we left it out in the truck. She got so mad that we made her get off and we didn't take that horse with us. (We thought about buying it since it wasn't really all that bad priced, but where would we put the thing???? I wanted all the bed space back there as possible and we already had her big carseat on the floor!)
Rob working hard. (Fueling up the truck)
After breakfast, we jumped into the truck and took the senic route down I-70. That drive is just georgous. We went that way last August when we went to Denver again to take another load there. I have so many pictures of the moutaionous drive that I will be able to scrapbook 3-4 complete pages of our drive in our family album... I loved all of the random waterfalls, and rocky mountains that still have lots of snow at the tops even though it is July now!!! One of the funnest parts of the drive is going through all of the tunnels. That one tunnel that is right before Vail, is humongo.... It was so cool. Even Maysie loved them all... I couldn't tell if she knew what was going on or not but she would look all around every time we went into a tunnel.... I think she was trying to figure out where all of the lights went. LOL. On our way back we stopped in Green River, UT for dinner. Rob has heard alot of people talk about how good the hamburgers at Ray's are when he has went there for work. They were big and the homade french fries were amazing. It costed alot especially for a hamburger, but I was so full, I couldn't finish it all. :) It was so Yummy! The only thing that would of topped it all off was a Green River Watermelon, but it is too early in the season for that.
Since Rob wouldn't have to go out for the rest of the week because it was the 4th of July weekend we decided to join his family at his sister Bec's house in Huntington. We didn't want to drive all the way back home just to drive back there in the car so we just took the semi there and parked it right next to her house. We got there a day earlier than the rest of the gang did so we were able to just relax and let the kiddo's play together. We watched some clips from various concerts done by this one pianist/comiedian guy that Chris had recorded off of KBYU. I can't quite remeber his name... Victor or Vincent something... Maysie and Brooklynn are becoming best buds since they are around the same age. (Brooklynn is 7 months older) It was so much fun watching them learn how to share. Although the funny thing is, the toy that everyone fought most over is Maysie's stuffed frog.... We left all of her other toys in the truck so we wouldn't loose them, but we knew that she would throw major fits if we didn't have her frog with us, espically for bed. One of Maysie's favorite toys there was Brooklynn's horse thing. I am not exactly sure what it is called but it can hook up to the TV or you can just ride it by yourself. It is suposed to rock back and forth and go up and down from side to side but Maysie is too short and can only make it rock back and forth. The rest of the gang showed up on Friday night. So we had, Bec and Chris and the girls, John and Joan and all of there kids, my Mother-In-Law, Willy and Amy, Johanna and Trent, Orlean, Joe and us... Quite a houseful. It was crazy confusion most of the time... espically with the bathroom.... (The waiting in line, the who-done-it, you name it)
(Sorry, I got the next 2 pictures mixed up.... Yet again...)
Maysie waving as the floats passed by. She cracks me up.

Maysie riding that horse, She had to have froggy ride it too. :)
As you can tell by the pictures, we went to another parade yet again. Tis the season for parades! Every year Huntington has a big 4th of July shin-dig. It starts with a parade down the main street in the morning and comes equipted with vendor booths in the park all day long including food, random things, and music and a fireworks show at night. Since the elementary school is right next to the park, they had rides and stuff set up for the little kids. Everything was free except for what ever you bought from a vendor booth. The weather was HOT all day but we were relieved when a few scatters showers came by and cooled it off a few degrees. The parade was really good. There was so many people there, way more than the last parade. You would almost mistake it for the Macey's Thanksgiving Day parade. Seriously! Maysie got tons more candy to add to her stash (too bad she can't really eat it...) I laughed becasue some of the floats were tossing out the otter pop popsicles. Have you ever seen a parade that passes out popcicles? Maysie got 2 orange ones that was melted shortly after they entered into our hands. Good thing I can just refreeze them. :) I have lots of fun pictures of the parade. but I didn't want to boar you with all of them like I did the last time. They had everthing from the traditional cheerleaders/dance teams, to a fancy Lotus car, to the High School band (They were pretty good if I do say so myself). They even had Smokey Bear and the McGruff House Dog! Cool Beaneers! After the parade, we walked around the park some just to see what there was. Maysie got a balloon from the local county sheriffs booth, and then we watched some clown make ballon animals for the kids. She made Maysie some sort of animal that will fly in the air if you pull on the bottom. It is hard to explain it. It looked like a dog head and then she left the rest of it not blown up so you could make it fly so Maysie could chase it. I had to laugh because a little girl asked for the clown to do a puppy so the clown asked her back if she wanted it potty trained. LOL. Silly clown. Joe entertained us all with a potatoe gun that he bought at one of the booths. He would chase his brothers, and Trent around with it. LOL. Trent also provided his share of entertainment. I don't think there is ever a dull moment when he is around. He got this bike from my nephew Vince that had all of the pegs on it to do the tricks... (I don't know if the bike is Vince's or if it is one of his little brothers bikes and he was just using it.) Anyways, Vince told him to stand on the back pegs and do a standing wheelie but Trent misunderstood him so he stood on the front pegs and tried to do a wheelie. Needless to say, it didn't work and he flew over the top of the handlebars hurting only his pride. :) We went over to the school to see what all they had over there. They had a rock wall that definately entertained the adults and bigger kids, and then they had some swings like at Lagoon where the go in a circle, a ferris wheel, and a little train ride. Maysie was too small for the farris wheel and the swings, (they were for kids only) and we tried to get her to go on the train with Ambree since it was for kids only too but she screamed like crazy so we went and saved her and everyone else from all the scraming. Oh, well. We were able to stop and listen to the "Root Beer Reuinon" for a little while. This is a band that consists of 3 brothers from Wellsville, UT (by Logan) whose ages are 15, 11, and 7. The older 2 boys played the guitar, violen, piccalo, and took turns being the lead vocals while the 7 year old played the drums and also a guitar. They sure are a talanted crew. For lunch we all went to Subway and grabbed a sandwich. Maysie had fun mooching off of Amy's sandwich and some of mine too. Then we went back to Chris and Bec's house and watched the movie Bedtime Stories with Adam Sandler. I ended up falling asleep in the middle because it was a late night the night before.... (the kids and adults were up until well after midnight. Rob and I went to be around 11:30 but we could hear them well into the night... but we were the first ones up at 6:30 or was it 7:00? Anyways we were the first ones up and around which was nice becasue we didn't have to worry about getting cold water.) Ha Ha! When the movie was over, everyone but Joan and the baby, Leona, and Rob, Maysie and I went swimming at the resivour. (I didn't know I was supossed to pack swimsuits, or we probably would have went too.) That's ok because it gave us a chance to watch Maysies movie again without letting her have too many distractions around. When everyone came back to the house, we had a humongo BBQ with hamburgers, hot dogs, steaks, and ribs. Chris manned the grill and boy was it soooo good! After supper, we played games. Rob and I played Pinnacle with John and Leona. We were winning really good when the fireworks started so we dropped our cards and ran outside. Chris and Bec live only a few blocks away from the school where they were lighting the fireworks so we opted to stay there to watch them instead of messing with all the people. So we went out to the street on the side of the house and watched them. They were so much better than West Bountiful's this year. Because Huntington is surrounded by canyons, each boom echoed so it sounded like really cool thunder. That was one of the coolest firework shows because of that. It lasted a good 30 minutes or longer and they had a big 1/2 time extravaganza along with a huge finally. Maysie loved them, although she didn't want Rob to hold her at all, and the misquito's loved us. We never did get back into our pinnacle game, instead we all got ready for bed... The next morning we gathered everything up and got ready to leave. We took the senic route home again going "up top" as we call it which is going up Huntington Canyon past all the mines, over the mountain to Fairview then back up to Highway 6. Rob's family wanted to look at some ground that Bec's friend was selling that is in the Fairview area, but we couldn't find it. Trent and Johanna rode with us to Fairview because Trent really wanted to ride in the semi then they went with Leona the rest of the way. We ended up getting home around 7:30 or 8:00 and I had go to bed because I had scout camp the next morning.
Over all, we had a fantasic trip and an entertaining and funfilled 4th of July holiday.



No comments:
Post a Comment