Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's A What!

Yesterday, Rob and I went and had "the ultrasound" done. Dr. says IT'S A BOY! The baby tended to be a little shy at first and kept the cord in the way but finally he decided to show all, and there is no mistaking, it is definitely a boy. :) Both Rob and I had no idea what it really was. We kinda thought it was another girl considering all of Rob's siblings had 2 girls first thus far but I guess we broke the mold. We are so ecstatic now being thrown off of our rocker so to speak. Pretty much everyone thought that it was a boy but only a small handful of our friends. But if you go by what the family said.... well they were right the whole time. :) Now I can have lots of fun collecting cute little outfits and more manly blankets and stuff. Heaven only knows that if we re-use the ones we have, our son might have some issues later on if he was just surrounded by lots of pink and flowers and stuff! We couldn't get a really good profile pic with any of the ultrasounds that we have done so I wonder who he will look like. With Maysie we could tell that her forehead was a lot like Rob's and bingo, she is almost a spittin' image of her old man, just a female version. All we could really tell is that he has long legs (Obviously not from me, and he likes his hands either in his mouth or by his face... He is quite squirmy though but he does have a laid back feel to his persona where he constantly has his ankles crossed. :) Oh, how much I already love the little guy! Just thinking about him brings a smile to my face. Rob was hilarious at family prayer last night. He thanked Heavenly Father for finally sending us a boy - almost like we already had 7 girls and no boys. Ha Ha. By that simple statement in his prayer, I could tell he was so giddy with excitement.

Yesterday was Rob's "Over the Hill" birthday. Yep the big 40 so that is a main part of why we chose to do the ultrasound yesterday. I think that where it is a boy it was just the icing on the cake for his birthday. (He was hoping so bad for a boy when Maysie was born, but you know, although he wouldn't change it for the world. - yep she's got him totally wrapped up all around her tiny little pinkie toe!) Since Rob is determined that he is going to live to be 120 years old, he wouldn't let me really do much cuz being 40 isn't considered to be over the hill for him. LOL, I think that he is in denial that he is that old. :) We just had some of his family over to play cards last night but the real sha-bang is going to be this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment