Monday, December 28, 2009
New Discoveries in the Nursery
Yesterday at church, I was helping out in the nursery. Maysie just turned 18 months a little over a week ago and is still getting used to the new routine, and since our ward definitely has no problem with the multiplying and replenishing the Earth commandment they could use another adult in there. Actually, I was planning on just staying there until I could sneak out without Maysie noticing but when I got there they asked if I could stay. Anyways, they have this toy there that is like a cash register of sorts that has one of those scanner paddle things (you know- for the big items on the bottom of the cart). Maysie was playing with the register part on the opposite side of the room from me when she noticed the attached scanner. She looked at that then promptly relocated herself and the toy right next to me. Once she was next to me, she put the scanner on my stomach and kept saying "oh, Baby. Wow!" I'm pretty sure that that was my sign that she has been with me to my Dr's visits a little too much if she sees a resemblance of a cash register toy and an ultrasound machine. I was trying to keep a strait face but it sure was hard and I ended up failing at the task, especially when all the other ladies there noticed what was going on and started laughing at the situation. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment