Thursday, January 21, 2010

Training-Talk

So I have been potty training Maysie and have been super serious about it since the beginning of January. She did good with it when I started in August but then we went to Idaho for Labor Day Weekend and that just threw everything out of whack for her. So in the mean time I would let her try occasionally but I am super serious that I don't want 2 kids in diapers if I can at all help it.... Well, in just these last few weeks she is doing so good and she hardly has a wet accident now. (I am pretty prompt about taking her into the potty every 15 - 20 minutes though to help with the issue since she can't really talk much to tell you when). The #2 is a whole other story, and accidents occur way more frequently than I would like. Yuck! Some days are definitely way more frustrating than others, but it seems like this week, Maysie has gotten the swing of things and has come and gotten either Rob or Me so she can go potty! Yea, I must be doing something right! I laugh every time we go in to the bathroom because Maysie will climb up on the big toliet and get her a book to read, then go sit on her potty. I have discovered that we can get a whole lot of our daily reading time in while visiting the "John" as often as we do... :) I think those moments makes you appreciate all the hard, frustrating moments this journey brings in the life of parenthood. So I am guessing, if she is doing as good as she is now, I can make my goal of having her completely trained before the baby is born! Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment