a close up
the side
The whole view I think it turned out pretty good, but I was really frustrated with the head of it because the cake kept crumbling when I was frosting it. Luckily, I am just an amateur and the concept was awesome, so it looked ok.
Camden wasn't really a huge fan of the presents.... but what kid is at that age? He did like some of the ribbon's on the packages but as for the gift, he could care less. He got alot of way cute clothes which is what he really needed. Hummm, maybe that is why he wasn't super excited about the presents.... IDK? :)
opening his gift from Rob's brother's family (He only looks interested because it was present #1)
Pajama's! (Can you tell he is already done with the gifts now)
After chasing him down, we got him interested in opening another one. This one was from Grandma Noni. When he was in he middle of opening it then the rocking horse started neighing -stupid sensor- Camden completely lost interest in the presents again and had to take an intermission and go see the horse. I helped Camden with the presents while Rob manned the camcorder... My sister Diana was nice enough to use our camera and take pictures for us. This is one of the few pictures we got of Rob that night... BTW... I have no idea what he is recording, and I am pretty sure that he doesn't either. :)
Camden surprised us all and actually took multiple step for us. He has been taking 1 or 2 step for 2 week leading up to his birthday but he hasn't been able to make it more than that. We were lucky to get his 1st real steps all on video. We thought that he would be walking before his birthday since he is a pro at cruising around the furniture and had been taking a few steps, but he was being a stinker and had to show off in front of a crowd! :) Since his birthday, he does more and more walking but he still isn't completely fluent on the task yet... Close but not quite.
Maysie was getting impatient with Camden so she started to help him open his presents.... other wise we would probably still be sitting there trying to open them. :)
One of his few toys he got... Yep, he was happy.
Ummm, I don't think he wanted to share that with Grandma Leona :)
His last present... He was totally done by this point.
yee-haw! Isn't he just so stinkin cute! I love this little guy! After opening presents, we had cake and ice cream. Camden has his own cupcake to smash up and eat while the rest of us enjoyed the crocodile one. Camden wasn't sure what to think and he definitely wasn't sure of the birthday hat.
At first Camden didn't know what to think about the cake. He just played in the frosting for a while and judging by the looks on his face it was really sticky and he wanted it off.... :) Pretty soon he finally took a bite an his eyes looked like saucers... There was no going back after that.
When he was tired of it, he just started to throw it on the floor, but he funny thing was that he was trying to be sneaky and coy about it. :)
This was the end result. I couldn't get a good picture because he doesn't like to sit still for longer than one second, but at least you can see how the cake made it up into his hair. :)Rob actually gave him a quick shower in the kitchen sink, which I wished I would have took a picture of instead of just videoing it, but Camden loved it... After he was soaking wet he had a quick bath, and then got put to bed with a complete sugar high. Ha ha!
The next day, we took him to his 12 month check up... He according to the Dr, is still on the smaller side, but I think he is a chunker. He weighs 19 lbs 14 oz (10th percentile), is 29 inches long (30th percentile) he had a major growth spurt this last month which his chart definitely proves it since he has been around 5th to10th percentile lately, and his head is 17 1/2 inches (5th percentile) which my kids have small heads (Although I think Camden head looks alot bigger than Maysie's did. To our surprise, the Dr told us he had another double ear infection, the 2nd since the beginning of the year... Seriously, we had no idea since Camden is one of the mellowest babies ever. He wasn't even tugging on his ears lately. So we left the office with a more powerful prescription than last time and was told to bring him back for an ear check in a month. So we have a pretty happy, realively healthy, adorable, not so baby boy! How lucky can we get?








No comments:
Post a Comment