Saturday, March 12, 2011

What's Your Full Name?

Maysie is totally into birthday's lately, even more so since Camden's is in... eek, 11 days or so. We have been working with her on cluing her in that she still has a little bit of time until her birthday is here and to help her learn when it actually is. If you ask her, she will tell you her birthday is June 19th and normally she adds the fact that she want a Strawberry Shortcake princess cake in the same breath of air.... :) See, I told you she is oober excited for her birthday this year. Well, for those of you who don't know, Maysie's middle name is June. No we didn't name her that just because she was born in June, but it is my middle name too - it was just a bonus because she was born in June. So we have also been working with her on her full name... Last night, I was talking to Rob on the phone and Maysie went and grabbed her play phone and the next thing I know she is having a conversation that goes something like this... "Hi, this is Maysie June 19 Stowell. What are you doing? Oh, yes Grandma Noni, I am big. I want a Berry Birthday Cake (Strawberry Shortcake) princess cake. I love Camden. Maysie birthday is June 19. Maysie go to bed now. Bye bye." Needless to say, I busted out laughing as soon as she said her name. After her one-sided conversation with Grandma Noni I asked her what her name was again. She said, Maysie June 19 Stowell. I then asked her what Camden's name was. She said, Camden March. I think we might have confused the kid. What do you think? :)

Also some more cuteness from Maysie. The other day, we were cuddling on the couch watching a movie and she looked at me and gave me a huge hug and said... "I love you mommy. Just like Jesus!" If that doesn't make you smile, then I don't know what does. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment