Camden was running around everywhere, when he wasn't a Mr. Grumpy Pants. He loves being outside and he loves attention. He was able to get plenty of both.

This one of my nephew Brian just made me laugh. He is such a goof-ball!

Now were on to part two... :) The rest of the pictures are of Maysie opening presents and of her cake and stuff... She is so spoiled by everyone, and had quite a few gifts. Of course, when ever gifts are involved, their is a mass of kids right in the action so we had a hard time getting good pictures. :) This is Maysie opening a gift that turned out to be a Strawberry Shortcake lunch box thing that was full of all things awesome. It was totally fit for Maysie.

Look, more money mom... By the end of the night Maysie racked up another 6 dollars to add to her piggy bank. :)

This present was x-tra big and she ended up needing help just to get it out of the bag. With help from Ayshia and Kaylee, it turned out to be a princess pop up tent. - So Fun!

Ta Da!
And more presents!

This one is of a bunch of pre school workbooks and some # flash cards to help her with her pre school this next fall.
This is the gift from G-ma Noni (my mom).... I had to help her read the card, which of course was classic and fit her to a T. For those of you that know my mom, her trademark is always a homemade card. This year the card read, "Princess Maysie is turning 3 on June 19! She is the sweetest girl in the whole kingdom." Then you open it up and it says, "Happy Birthday, Maysie! From your Royal Gr-ma Noni" Ha ha. This got a good chuckle out of all the adults! Maysie's main gift this year was a "big girls bike". She has been wanting one forever so she can ride and play with the neighbor boys, but we wanted to wait. We bought it a while ago and was saving it for when she was completely potty trained - yes, we're still trying to do that - but we are about 98% finished with that task and figured we might as well get full use out of it this summer. She was so excited and clapped for joy when she saw it. Rob was trying to be sneaky and put it right behind her seat without her knowing it.... This is a picture of her trying to navigate around her chair to get to it.

This picture was actually taken the next morning, but I wanted to add it here because it fit better. When she first got on it, she tried to pedal backwards, but of course she got the brakes instead. She insisted to Rob that it was broken and she needed a new one... I think she is so used to her tricycle. After we explained it to her that on a big girls bike you only pedal backwards to stop, she was satisfied with the bike and she began to really ride it. :) She took to riding her bike really fast and does really well on it. In fact she only fell off a couple of times because she was going in her words 'really REALLY fast' and would turn too sharp where she would tip. It didn't stop her much because after a minute, she would be right back up her bike trying again. Now all she wants to do is be outside so she can ride her bike. I have a feeling that that is all we will be doing this summer. :)



This year Maysie was very particular on her cake. She found the picture and told me exactly how it needed to be, my only delima was on figuring out how to add the Strawberry Shortcake princess to it since that was her main request. After much thought, I finally settled on a computer printout on some cardboard, and card stock and stuck it on there with the help of Chutes and Ladder game pieces. Earlier in the week, I took Maysie to the store and let her pick out her cake mixes.... this year she settled on the Strawberry kind (because it was pink - her favorite color) and Funfetti (because she thought it looked pretty. LOL :) On Thursday morning Maysie and I made all the different tiers of the cake so that they would have plenty of time to cool.... Maysie was so excited that her birthday was so close that she had a hard time waiting. About half way through the day, I checked on the cakes to see how well they were cooling and discovered little pieces taken out of all 3 cakes.... Yep, it was from some eager little fingers. But at least she shared with her brother because I found evidence of cake on his shirt too. :) Luckily I could just trim off the edges so I wouldn't have to start from scratch again. It only took me and Maysie about an hour and a half to decorate it. Maysie enjoyed eating the trimmed pieces and sampling the candy where she politely told me that it was Delicious! Ha ha. That was the first time I have ever heard her say that word. When it was all decorated, Maysie told me it was the bestest cake ever and just like she wanted. I was so glad I had the seal of approval from the birthday girl. :)



Happy Birthday to you....

Making a wish and ready to blow out the candles. (She actually had to blow them out twice because Rob was so caught up in the moment that he forgot to push the record button on the camcorder the 1st time.) She did however get all the candles out together in one blow. A big improvement since last year. :)


This picture was actually taken the next morning, but I wanted to add it here because it fit better. When she first got on it, she tried to pedal backwards, but of course she got the brakes instead. She insisted to Rob that it was broken and she needed a new one... I think she is so used to her tricycle. After we explained it to her that on a big girls bike you only pedal backwards to stop, she was satisfied with the bike and she began to really ride it. :) She took to riding her bike really fast and does really well on it. In fact she only fell off a couple of times because she was going in her words 'really REALLY fast' and would turn too sharp where she would tip. It didn't stop her much because after a minute, she would be right back up her bike trying again. Now all she wants to do is be outside so she can ride her bike. I have a feeling that that is all we will be doing this summer. :)



This year Maysie was very particular on her cake. She found the picture and told me exactly how it needed to be, my only delima was on figuring out how to add the Strawberry Shortcake princess to it since that was her main request. After much thought, I finally settled on a computer printout on some cardboard, and card stock and stuck it on there with the help of Chutes and Ladder game pieces. Earlier in the week, I took Maysie to the store and let her pick out her cake mixes.... this year she settled on the Strawberry kind (because it was pink - her favorite color) and Funfetti (because she thought it looked pretty. LOL :) On Thursday morning Maysie and I made all the different tiers of the cake so that they would have plenty of time to cool.... Maysie was so excited that her birthday was so close that she had a hard time waiting. About half way through the day, I checked on the cakes to see how well they were cooling and discovered little pieces taken out of all 3 cakes.... Yep, it was from some eager little fingers. But at least she shared with her brother because I found evidence of cake on his shirt too. :) Luckily I could just trim off the edges so I wouldn't have to start from scratch again. It only took me and Maysie about an hour and a half to decorate it. Maysie enjoyed eating the trimmed pieces and sampling the candy where she politely told me that it was Delicious! Ha ha. That was the first time I have ever heard her say that word. When it was all decorated, Maysie told me it was the bestest cake ever and just like she wanted. I was so glad I had the seal of approval from the birthday girl. :)



Happy Birthday to you....

Making a wish and ready to blow out the candles. (She actually had to blow them out twice because Rob was so caught up in the moment that he forgot to push the record button on the camcorder the 1st time.) She did however get all the candles out together in one blow. A big improvement since last year. :)

We had a wonderful night filled with great company with our family. Maysie was on cloud 9 the whole time and eating up all the attention. Everyone said that they had a really fun time which made me feel like all my hard work really paid off. I am so glad that this is all over, but Maysie is already asking about her birthday for next year.... I told her she had to wait until after my birthday at least before she could even consult me about it. LOL. It might be a long year for her to wait but I for one am glad that birthday's only come around once a year.







No comments:
Post a Comment