So, today was scouts day, and I was in charge this week. For those of you who don't know, I am a cub scout leader in my ward. Anyway, the theme for the month of March is, "When I Grow Up" so me and the other leader in the ward got an idea that we should have Rob bring the semi over to the church and discuss what the duties include of being a truck driver and then let them take a peek inside the truck. That sounds fun right? Anyways, I had also asked my brother-in-law, Willy bring his tow truck over too and show them how to load a car and whatever else tow truck drivers do. It would be an afternoon of testosterone pumping, diesel smelling, engine looking wonderland for these boys. Well, of course Rob had to be out of town, so that put a kink on things. Luckily, our friend was able to bring a semi over from the company he drives for and fill in for Rob. Our friends truck isn't quite as cool as ours, it is a day cab instead of the sleeper, but all the boys were in heaven being able to honk the horn. I hope all of the neighbors had ear plugs handy. :) I wish that we had our truck there just because the boys can't really comprehend how big these trucks are inside. I told them that a lot of semi's have beds, and refrigerators, and even TVs and microwaves in them, (at least ours does) and there eyes got so big trying to picture it. I told them that when they drive a semi, that the semi is like there home... One little boy asked what happened when the truck broke down, if we would be homeless. Bless his heart. I for sure have to have Rob bring the truck over when he is home and we have scouts, just to let the kids look inside of it. Anyways, they had tons of fun. Willy,was so awesome. He loaded up my car on the back of the tow truck and then let the boys pile inside the truck and then he drove them around the church parking lot. They were so excited. They have done something that I haven't even done.... ride in a tow truck. Someday maybe... The boys all thought that it was cool that he gets to work with wrecked cars and "twisted metal" they called it. I guess anything that involves crashing, blood, guts, etc. will get their attention.
We got lucky and the weather cleared up just long enough for us to do our scouts. It has been raining/snowing most of the day and then tonight there is supposed to be a big snow storm coming in just in time to make a mess of the rush hour commute. At least I don't have to worry about it anymore now that I stay home. After scouts, I went to my in-laws to chill for the evening. (Actually it was more or less because I didn't want to go home and fix dinner....) Maysie actually liked all of them today. She normally cries around my mother-in-law and my sister-in-laws and right now she is in this phase that she has to be held all the time, by MOM... but she actually got down on the ground an played. Total shocker!
Oh, yeah, while at my sisters house today, Maysie kept trying to eat dog food...... She kept picking it up but I got to her before it got into her mouth, although, a few times she got really close. It seem like I have to be 2 steps ahead of her at all times and I have to expect the unexpected.... When does this madness end?
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment