
I have had a few people ask how things are going thus far in my preggo status. Well the answer is pretty good. I have developed that same awkward rash all over my legs, primarily with my left leg, with this baby as I did when I was pregnant with Maysie. We have absolutely no idea as to what causes this, and we can't really get rid of it unless we treat it aggressively with some steroid creams which will harm the baby if used too much. We like to just joke that I am allergic to being pregnant. For right now, I just get to take quick luke-warm showers and an occasional 10 minute luke-warm bath to prevent this rash from spreading. The closer we get to my due-date then we will do the steroid creams to get it under control before the baby is born. I have also developed the pregnancy induced carpel tunnel. This is more of an annoyance than a major pain right now, but my midwife informs me that as my pregnancy progresses, then the carpel tunnel is most likely to increase and become almost unbearable. The last few weeks I get to sport my "beautiful" tan wrist brace on my left hand which is my weaker arm/wrist because the carpel tunnel is worse in this arm than in my right arm as of now. Eventually, I will be sporting a brace on both arms to help me keep my wrists strait when then give out. Some of the things I have noticed is that some of the simple tasks of life like curling my hair, cutting my food, and even getting Maysie in and out of the car seat can be almost impossible at times. So far I have been lucky and it hasn't bothered me much at night very often which tends to be the most unbearable for other people I have talked to who have had pregnancy induced carpel tunnel. Other than that, I feel fantastic. The baby moves around alot, and gets stronger every day. Others are starting to feel him when he kicks or elbows me too which is always fun. My morning sickness is gone finally! I have really noticed it's absence in just the last 2 weeks so I am so grateful for this. I still have the occasional things that make me sick, but that isn't very often anymore. So here is a few fun things from my pregnancy: total weight gain is still - 1 pound, (my midwife says I am measuring average but am on the high end of the average range - I think she was putting it nicely that I am measuring bigger than I really should be.) I always crave Mexican food, Chuck-A-Rama scones with honey butter and that yummy jam, dill pickles, skittles and Crispy chicken salads from Burger King but I get sick almost every time I brush my teeth and every time I eat Cream of Wheat.
At 14-15 weeks, morning sickness is kicking my butt -- I'm hoping mine disappears sometime between now and 20 weeks for me too!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute preggo belly picture!