Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mothers Day...err One Day Late ...

Happy Mothers Day to all you Mothers out there.... Especially to my own Mother, Mother-In-Law and Grandmother... Your the best!



I didn't have much time to blog yesterday so I figured that I would just express my feelings today.... I actually should of done this on Saturday, but my timing has never been that good. :) I never knew what it really took to be a Mother. Yeah, I knew about the birds and the bees thing and where babies came from, but to really be a Mother.... that was another story. Before I had Maysie, I thought that I knew everything and being a Mom would be pretty easy. I was utterly, and completely wrong. Yes being a Mother can definitely be rewarding, entertaining, amazing, fun, and a blessing in many ways, yet it can also be challenging, frustrating, infuriating, a down right hard. I guess it never sunk in before, that as a Mother, you are entrusted with a child of God to teach, motivate, and guide and direct them in every aspect of their lives so that one day, they can do it all on their own.... (Yet, I still go to my Mom or MIL for advice constantly so do we ever really do it on our own?) I love being a Mother. There are some days I just want to cry and pull all of my hair out because of one thing or another.... but most days, I am completely in awe and marvel at all the unexpected joys that Motherhood brings to my life. There are blessings around every corner. So Thank-You Maysie, for opening my eyes, and giving me a chance to be a Mother.





Yesterday, Rob surprised me and let me sleep in for once. He got up and made me some homemade juice and then let me take a nice relaxing shower... I love it when he is home. Maysie and him got me some solar lights for our yard. We want to take out our electric yard light since half of them don't work because the electric lines got accident. Oops. Once I got around, then I got Maysie around for church. Rob surprised me yet again and got ready for church too. He went with us again and stayed for the whole thing. That was probably the best part of my Mothers Day. We had a mission farewell during sacrament meeting that filled the whole chapel up and then some. The cultural hall was all the way full and then there was a few people standing up in the very back. Needless to say, we were in the nosebleed section but it was really good anyways. Our Sunday School lesson was about one of Rob's favorite topics... Tithing and Fast Offerings mixed with a little bit about the Law of Consecration. He was so interested with the lesson, he went up and asked the teacher, (Who is a huge Church History buff) for a copy of his lesson along with the handouts he had printed with the scriptures and quotes that we were using. Relief Society was really good. They had the new sister missionaries give the lesson. At the beginning, the young men came in and gave all of us chocolate and a flower. Maysie really liked the flowers. She kept trying to get mine and then when I would take it away, (she kept breaking the stem of it and then try to eat it) she would go and try and get someone else's flower. I couldn't get her interested in anything else the whole time. I ended up having to take her out in the hall because she was having a pity-party when she didn't get her way.... Hummm, we may have a problem when she gets bigger. After church we hurried and changed and went to a dinner that Rob's family was having. It turned out nice but after 5 hours of being there I was ready to go and have some alone time with my little family, so we left and hurried and went to John and Joan's house so Rob could see little Cassie, (I saw her on Friday with the rest of the family, but Rob missed out). When we got home, Rob let me pick out a movie to watch, my choice.... so of course I had to pick Anne of Green Gables---The Continuing Story. I tried to be somewhat considerate, it had to deal with war among the other :)... He was a good sport and watched all 3 hours with me and only fell asleep once. All in all it was a wonderful, fabulous, fantastic first real Mothers Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment