Saturday, May 2, 2009
What to do?
So Maysie's birthday is coming up next month and I am having this internal debate on what to do... I have been driving myself CRAZY for the last month as I have started to think about her upcoming birthday. Should we have a party with family and friends, or should we keep it simple? What should we get her? How should we do her cake? Uuggh, I don't know what to do. I mean she doesn't really know what is going on at all, but it is her First Birthday and all... I have been driving my husband crazy with all of my ideas, and quite frankly, I don't think he really cares about it one way or another. I know that we are going to move her into a big girls bed since she is already trying to climb out of her crib. (She can't quite figure it out but I don't want to take any chances) She already knows how to climb off of our bed, and she hardly ever falls on her landing now (we have a tall bed) so I am not too concerned about moving her into her own twin bed. We have a bedspread picked out for her new bed, and I really want to paint her room since we didn't do it before she was born, but I am not sure what color... Her comforter is stripes and has pretty much any color you can think of so really, we can paint her room any color. I am leaning towards purple but I do like the thought of yellow too. Which one do you like better. Since we are putting her into a big girls bed, we need to get her a headboard/foot board... we already have the mattress, but Do we really want to spent that much for a birthday? Maybe we should have it all ready for her birthday but it isn't her birthday gift? Hmmm.. Every child needs a toy or something fun for a birthday, not just boring bedroom stuff... I have already got her a small wading pool, along with the swimsuit get-up, and I would really like to get her that leap frog fridge magnet where it matches up the animals.... That might keep her entertained while I do the dishes..... but that might be wishful thinking. :) I'm not sure I want a big party for her or not, but maybe we can have a BBQ and then have the fam all gather together for cake and ice cream. Then we can play games after words but there isn't much planning involved... and no pressure on anyone else, since my child virtually has everything she needs and then some.... I kinda want to make her a fun butterfly cake but what kind do I make. Rob wants me to make one out of honey, (his family and no sugar) but the only kind of cake I know how to make comes from a box. :) I think that it would be lots of fun to get her a birthday girl bib and some balloons and if I can get her to wear a hat...I would be tempted to get her one of those too. It just adds to the occasion. But in all reality, I should save my money and just get her the things that she needs and would appreciate.... If I left it up to my husband, she would get cake and ice cream..... and maybe one other thing... He is so Conservative. Normally on our birthdays, we just let the birthday person plan the day... but with a one year old... I don't know how well that will work. What does one do for a First Birthday?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
With Annie, we had a BBQ with both sides of the family . . . we bought meat and buns, and everyone else brought a side, and everyone just hung out and visited . . . no big 'birthday' things. We had a big cake for all the adults. She had a little hat, and ate her cake that I made a small one of so she could mash it up with her little fists (it was a whole wheat, flax seed, carrot & raisin sweetened cake . . . with sugar free cool whip on top, with little sprinkles. She hadn't had any sugar before recently, and I didn't want her to dive into a bunch of frosting, then have an upset stomach or something later on.)
ReplyDeleteI don't know what we're gonna do for both girls' birthdays this year though!