Thursday, May 7, 2009

Scary, Scary...

So not much is really going on... Rob is stuck in California for who knows how long, while I get to man the fort here at home. He left on Tuesday morning where it was supposed to be an easy trip... Go down, pick up the load and then high-tail it back, get unloaded, come home, end of story but.... everything has been going wrong where he unloads, again, so his dispatcher hasn't even let him load yet and who knows if he will even get loaded today! He is just chillin' down there in LA and not in the safest of neighborhoods might I add. Everyone has been telling him these horror stories about the area, in which he has been telling me.... and this makes me feel better about him being gone why??? Apparently, if you go down the street from where he is, don't wear red because you are more likely to get shot..... I guess blue it the color to wear. (That doesn't help the fact that most of the shirts that Rob took with him are Cherry RED! - he better not go for a walk!) And if he ventures across the street at night, he will be right amongst the drug dealing capital of the neighborhood.... Ummm, not very comforting right now... and thank heavens for chain link fences, because apparently, they hold back the cars from colliding into the trucks when the drivers can't figure out the difference between the gas pedal and the brake. Uh yeah, this is the latest story. Needless to say, I am ready for him to be home safe and sound! Even Rob is scared down there. He won't even get out of his truck at night for any reason because well, it's not very safe. Why is it that the world is getting to be such a scary place to be? I used to sleep outside under the stars during the summertime when I was little, but now I would never dream of it. For one, the mosquito's would eat you alive and the thought of having to wear bug spray to bed doesn't sound appealing, and two, the world isn't that safe anymore.... I can't believe that just because of what you wear, you can get killed. It makes me not want to go anywhere, although I know that this type of activity is creeping into every state, and slowly creeping into every city. What is it going to be like for the generations to follow? Better I hope! But more than likely, it will continue to be scary, scary...

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, we used to sleep outside all the time with our friends out in our backyard, and I can't see letting my daughters do it at all!!

    ReplyDelete