Sunday, August 23, 2009

Is It Time For a Watchdog?

Early this morning, around 2:00 am early, Maysie woke up once again to some strange voices outside. I didn't realize why she woke up until after I was laying down next to her trying to get her to go back to sleep for my own sanity, when I too discovered voices outside... Seriously, 2:00 in the morning people! Well curiosity finally got the best of me so I peeked out the window to find a bunch of teenagers doing who knows what... At first I saw 3 of them and it was really strange how they were acting... They were standing in the middle of the culdasac and then they all separated... One went into our yard - way into our yard, like close to the back yard, into our back yard and then one stayed in the middle of the street and then one went to my neighbors yard across the street. Seeming it was super early / late depending on how you look at it, I found this behaviour extremely odd so I woke Rob up to have him go check it out. I stayed up in Maysie's room peeking out the window just to see what would happen. Rob snuck out the back door and less then 1 minute later, the kid that was in our yard runs as fast as they could out of our yard and into the middle of the street with the other kid. I am guessing that they heard Rob go outside- what do you think? Shortly after that the kid that went into our neighbors yard joined in the pow-wow in the street. After that, a bunch of kids from who knows where came running from all the other houses and met in the middle of the circle. Strange things are happening, I'm telling you. Well Rob thought this was weird too so he called the cops, and as soon as he was on the phone all these kids piled into a car and took off. Totally creepy if you ask me. The dispatcher just told us to call them back if these kids came back and they would send someone over. Well I had Rob go back outside and double check our back yard to be sure everything was in it's place and to make sure they weren't in our back yard and just by the fence gate leading to the back yard. While is was outside a cop shows up driving down our street. I think they were going to see what Rob was up to since of course who checks on there belongings at 2:00? Right, we do. Rob went over and talked to him and told him how fast he was at getting down there but we weren't expecting it. The cop wasn't dispatched at all he was just driving around but I thought it was odd that he would drive down our tiny culdasac--- I guess it is good that our local police force it looking out for us but our culdasac is basically only 2 houses in from the main road so it seems almost pointless... Anyways, we told him what was going on, and the cop seemed to know of "getaway car" and some of the kids in it... More than likely they were playing some sort of hide-and-seek but I still think it was totally odd behavior. I don't get it, we live in a nice, clean and what we feel like safe neighborhood. We know that all of our neighbors , with the exception of one, would do anything to help us and watch out for our family. The house with the exception happens to be the culprits of most of the mischievous actions going on and tend to be the house where all the cops go on the street.

I'm am now convinced that we need a family watchdog around, if only I can convince Rob to let me have one. But for right now, I'll have to settle with Maysie being the watchdog since she can just wake up to voices outside the house and ignore all the things inside the house... Funny how that happens.

So, if my house gets egged, toilet papered, or spray painted/paint balled, then I am pretty sure we know whodunit and the why. (Although, it's sad to say, that the Revenge they would seek for is probably beyond the mediocre pranks like these and more and likely equivalent to the latter suggestion or worse) Why won't they just move already???

No comments:

Post a Comment