So I haven't blogged as much lately because I have been so caught up in my own little world. So much has been going on in my now crazy, busy life that I have to remember to take time to post new blogs for journal purposes of course and just to let my family know that indeed, I am still alive even though I haven't talked to you much the last little bit. :) So as for an update... Life is great for my little family. Rob has been working most days now, Maysie is growing like a weed, and I stay busy manning the fort, keeping up with the ever rambunctious child, and am now back from my short vacation away from scouts!
So now about a fun little blog entry - for me of course! ;) The other day as I was cleaning up the house, I let Maysie "help" me sweep the kitchen floor so I could mop it by holding the dustpan for me. Hey anything that will keep her occupied long enough to finish my task - right. So as she carefully observed my every move (probably trying to determine if I was really going to finish my task that I set out to do) I would try and help her help me. Does this make sense? Anyways, to make a long story short... Today as I was fixing lunch, I made the mistake of leaving the pantry doors open. Normally when this happens, everything from the bottom shelf gets emptied on the floor and all of the plastic grocery bags/future garbage sacks get carried all over the house... So big mistake - right? Wrong... Today she just grabbed the broom and the dustpan and tried ever so valiantly to sweep up the floor. She would move the broom around, (not an easy task considering the broom is at least twice as long as she is) then she would grab the dustpan and scoop up everything then run to the garbage and dump it in. Too bad that is was more air in the dustpan than any of the garbage on the floor, but practice will make perfect and maybe by December I can pass on this tedious and never ending chore of mine to my posterity. Hey, I can dream right! Now if only she could do the laundry.... :)
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment