Saturday, December 4, 2010

Camden's Milestones

Camden is getting to be such a big boy now. He is now about 8 1/2 months old. He said his first word, DaDa, a little over a month ago. I swear Rob has to be bribing them somehow to get both kids to say that word first... :) He weighs about 17 1/2 lbs last time I weighed him and was 36 1/2 inches long. Yep, he's a chunky monkey. :) The funny thing is that he is just solid. He isn't all that rolly-pollie. Camden also started crawling a few weeks ago, but has now gotten it mastered. (he crawled really funny like at first where he was on all 4's and his bum in the air and he would tire himself after going 2 paces and he would fall) but now he has figured out that he can move much faster if he is just on his knees.... This boy is getting around now. All week long, it seems like I am tripping over this bundle of cuteness since he tries to follow me everywhere. He has yet to figure the stairs out but I am sure it won't be long since he already tries to pull himself up... Aye-yi-yi. He is trying to pull himself up to all the furniture but he isn't quite strong enough much to his disappointment. If we stand him up to the furniture he will try to walk around it but he looses his balance after a couple of steps. It seems like once he figured out to be mobile then nothing is going to stop him.... He tends to be a little bit of an accident prone where he is always bumps his head or limbs on things as he rolls around, crawls or falls down. Every day it seems like I see another bruise appearing. He is definitely all boy and loves to play with trucks and has even been know to chase a ball or two around. Maysie is trying to get him interested with dollies and such but they don't keep his attention for long, at least not like a truck or a ball. :) I now have to say that my baby is starting to grow up and not be so much of a baby anymore which is a bitter/sweet moment in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment