Ok, so Camden's 2nd birthday was in March.... But since my computer has been practically non - existent since the beginning of the year, I'll just do a shout out to him now. :)
As you can tell, I get really into birthdays. I let the kids pick out the theme for their cake and I'll research the topic and get my creative juices flowing and some how end up with something like this.
As you can tell he chose Mickey Mouse for the theme of his birthday. Lucky for me, there are a ton of little Mickey Mouse toys I could buy to make his cake extra cute and super easy to make, and it is a plus cuz he can play with the toys afterwords. Were missing Donald Duck, but I couldn't find him at the stores I went to, so we just did with out.
For his birthday, we had a small family get together to celebrate. I love this age because they are just big enough to know whats going on but just small enough to not want a catalog full of gifts. :) This year the birthday boy got alot of fun things, the high light was a wagon of blocks and a remote control car.
The day after his birthday, we went and bought him a bike since he was always trying to climb on Maysie's. We were surprised that he could just barely reach the pedals so maybe he was big enough for one. We figured that by the end of summer, he might be able to ride it and then they wont fight over it. (Of course, since he had struggled to get the coordination to turn the pedals, he lost interest but found a love for riding the scooter around all summer! That kid is way more coordinated at riding the scooter than Maysie was at that age.) As you can tell, it was a family affair to put the bike together. So maybe next year, Camden will like his bike better, but for now, we will just go with the flow.



No comments:
Post a Comment