Saturday, November 17, 2012

Maysie's 4th Birthday

Maysie turned 4 in June.  Yeah, I know, I can't believe 4 years has gone by that fast!  Since her birthday was in the middle of week, we gave her the option of celebrating with just Mom, Dad and Camden on the day of her birthday or waiting until the weekend to have the family come over and party with us.  She chose the latter option and didn't complain once on her birthday about not opening any presents.  So since we weren't celebrating her birthday on the day, we decided to take our family out and have a small celebration in her honor.  We went bowling and then took her where ever she wanted to eat.  Bowling is something I used to do in my single days and even as Rob and I was dating, but since I have gotten married, I can't get Rob to go.  Now I know why...  Just look at the score board.  :)
 
 
LOL.  Actually, this was the best I have ever bowled and poor Rob, yeah, I just won't talk about it.  The kids absolutely loved it and have been dying to go back.  Rob I think could wait it out another 40 years or so.  For dinner Maysie chose Chuck-A-Rama, (Yep you can tell she's a Stowell) and she was highly embarrassed when the employee's sang Happy Birthday to her. 
 
When Friday night came, we had everyone come for cake and ice cream.  Maysie chose a My Little Pony cake this year and her request was that it had to have certain ponies on it.  Luckily Maysie gives me tons of notice (like she picked this out in January) and I could find the right ponies.  This wasn't my favorite, but she loved it and that is all that matters.  Right? 
 
For her birthday, she asked for lots of dress up clothes.  And ta da, that is what she got.

 
She was ecstatic and plays dress up all the time so I guess it was a good thing.  She had so much fun and is already planning her next birthday...  I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing yet.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment