Saturday, November 17, 2012

Year of Firsts

Maysie is quite the busy girl these days.  In April she started taking piano lessons from my super talented niece.  She is doing pretty good, but I have to keep reminding myself that she is only 4 and also that I can't expect her to play like pro at this age.  Sometimes I think she is too small but my niece reassures me that this is a good age to start them.  So I'll grit my teeth and suffer though some of these practices while she is slowly learning how to read the notes.
 
This is her on her 1st day of piano lessons.
 
 
Also this year, Maysie started taking dance lessons.  Dancing toddlers is probably one of the cutest and funniest things one can probably ever experience in a life time.  The first couple of weeks was hard on her but I think she was just over whelmed with all this new stuff being thrown at her all at once.  She loves dance, and is quickly picking up all the new technique she is learning each week.  Unfortunately I don't have a picture of her going to dance but be assured, when they have their recitals, I'll flood you with pictures.  They are doing their recital piece to "Walking on Sunshine"  so you know it will be adorable when it comes time.  I have watched periodically through class and she seems to be doing awesome and loving it.
 
This year we also decided to put Maysie into a nearby Preschool 4 days a week.  She is gone for 3 hours at a time so it feels alot like she is in kindergarten.  Maysie loves Loves LOVES school and her sweet teacher Miss Jani.   She is excelling and is even learning how to read now.  I can't believe how full her backpack is most days with all the fun stuff that they get to do at school.  With Maysie being is school for so long, Camden had a really hard adjusting to life with out his sister to always play with.  The first couple of weeks, he cried every time we had to drop her off at school.  I didn't realize how much of an adjustment this would be on him.  I was looking forward to the one on one time I could spend with my little guy, but he didn't want it for a while.  Now he loves having time with just mom and is becoming quite the little helper with mom's chores.  Before I know it, he will be in school too.  What will I do with no kids at home?
 
On the 1st day of School!

 
Our life is quickly evolving to running the kids around to their various activities, and it really keeps me on my toes.  On the positive note...  I am becoming more organized and my calender actually looks like I have a life.  :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment