Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bedtime Voices

Maysie woke up at an fairly odd hour for her... around 12:15 am. She is normally in bed around 10:00 and if she wakes up to eat again it is before 11:00. Well to my surprise, as I was laying down with her I could hear voices outside. Talk about a creepy feeling... I didn't know what to expect. It sounded like some one was right outside our window talking. Every once and a while I can hear my next door neighbors talking if they are outside, but at midnight? Apparently she was awakened by many voices that was going outside our house and coincidentally right outside her bedroom window. The poor girl was so tired but couldn't get any sleep because of these voices. Apparently, our teenage neighbor boy decided to have a party of some sorts which got busted by the cops. When I looked out the window to see what was going on, I found at least 5 different cop cars and a bunch of teenagers handcuffed and sitting on the front lawn of my neighbors. This struck my curiosity some so I got nosey and peeked out the window for a while.... It isn't every day where you have the entire police force that is on duty parked in front of you home. They had at least 3 city police officers that I could see there cars and 2 county officers there too. And I noticed some walk down our culdasac to the main road and never return, so I am guessing that there were even more cop cars parked over there too. If I wanted to leave my house right then, it would have been next to impossible because my driveway was blocked by not one but two different cop cars and most of the other open space at the end of the culdasac was occupied by patrol cars too. At about 12:45 parents were showing up to collect their kids. It was kinda sad because one of the boys was so drunk that he couldn't even walk. When his dad came to get him, he had to have a cop on each side escort him to the car and he would have fallen down a few times if they were not there to keep him in a vertical position.... This kid couldn't be more than 18 obviously, because he had to have a parent come so he could be released into their custody. It is so sad that these poor decisions that are being made at this young age will follow them throughout the rest of there lives.... Hopefully this experience will encourage those young boys to make better decisions in the future and they can turn around there lives and make something of it. It's never too late to start fresh, and the best thing about tomorrow is that it is always a great day to start anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment