So anyways, Rob and I have been busy redoing Maysie's bedroom. We spent all day Saturday painting it. My fabulous MIL, bless her heart, came to our house and watched Maysie for us so we could get it done faster. Maysie basically screamed the whole time... Granted, we were upstairs, and she was down stairs with all of her toys, but that didn't matter any... it was like we were in the same room and refusing to hold her when she wanted it. We probably should of left her with babysitters more right when she was born.... Maybe for the next child... So Maysie's room miraculously went from boring white to a purple in just a few hours. Rob made me laugh... He suggested that we paint the whole room with just a paint brush..... (Obviously he hasn't done much painting. Rollers are so much faster not to mention that the paint goes on much smoother!)
Before


After


I spent the rest of the weekend putting up the flower and butterfly stickers on the wall. I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted them just sporadically all on wall wall or to make a boarder with it.. The boarder was the winner in the end... the other just made it too busy. Rob wasn't quite sure if Maysie was ready for a big girls bed or not so he put up the crib and the bed... The room is crowded right now and when I convince him that she doesn't need the crib anymore (give me until the end of the week), and we can take it down then we are going to re-arrange the furniture yet again so the bed isn't right under the window. Until the point I won't put the pictures up on the wall because I don't want to poke lots of holes on the wall especially since we just filled all the other ones and made it look like there is no holes!
Last night was Maysie's 1st night in her new bed. We went and bought a gate for the stairs the other day and Rob was able to put it up yesterday. Maysie knows how to climb up and down the stairs good, but for some reason, every once in a while she slips and falls so we don't want to take any chances at night of her taking a spill down the stairs when she decides to climb out of bed. We put up the safety rails on the bed yesterday too. Those are kinda annoying so hopefully she figures out how to sleep- still, fast so we can take them down. When I have to lay next to her to get her to sleep you have to climb all over the bed. Yuck! It works great for little kids but for the adult factor... No thank you! We picked up her bedspread on Monday. I ordered it off of Wal-Mart.com and had it shipped with that site-to-store thing. I am actually really impressed with it so far. We did pay too much for it so I was a little worried but the reviews seemed to be good so I bought it. I was a little worried that it wouldn't be very nice like the pictures when I got it but, it ain't too shabby! It is a multi-colored stripe on one side and polka dots on the other. The best thing is that it was a bed-in-a-bag so we got some sheets too. (We didn't have any cute little-girl sheets). I love the fact that it has so many colors, so virtually everything in her room matches even though it wouldn't normally match.
Maysie slept better last night than she has for a long time! Yea! She was asleep by 10:30 pm (by drinking only a bottle might I add) and only woke up at 5:00 am to eat. This is a total 'Kodak moment' considering her latest sleeping pattern of waking up 4-5 times a night, at least! She slept like a log and didn't hardly move at all. I have been trying to wean her completely but for some reason, especially at night she just wants the 'Sisters'. So I was just as excited by this accomplishment of hers than by her sleeping in her big-girls bed! Hopefully she will be completely weaned soon... I only wanted to nurse until she was 9 months at the most.... Surprise here she is, just shy of a year old and she is still nursing quite a bit.... Hummm, what to do?

I've found that all kids around this age go through the seperation anxiety whether they're used to other people or not . . . might as well not worry about it, and believe it or not, one day you'll miss when you were the single and most important person in her life!
ReplyDelete