I have decided that one of the worst jobs as being a parent thus far has to do with poo. I
don't' know what it is with
Maysie that she is
fascinated with the stuff... color, texture, smell??? I personally find the stuff disgusting but a fact of life. Anyways, as I was giving her a bath this morning, I was glancing through the new Family Home Evening book that I got at the Enrichment Activity the other day while
Maysie was busy playing with her toys. I would glace up and check on her regularly, but I wouldn't look down into the tub.
Ooops, by bad. You guessed it.
There was a massive amount of poo in the tub again! That is just SICK and WRONG! My
lovely,
exploitative toddler of a daughter found yet again
another way to play with poo. I noticed IT when I was looking at her and I found something other than a toy or a washrag all over her hands... Needless to say, I was completely grossed out and cringing at the thought that now I have to clean it up. :( So after I got the poo off of her hands, I had to get her out as fast as I could so she wouldn't have a chance to get another handful of the
appalling feces, so I could
clean out the tub. Of course, I had to scrub it down and clean it which of course it
didn't' need it since the bathrooms were just cleaned the other day! After all is said and done, she had to jump back into the tub so we could wash her all up since we hadn't even gotten to that point of her bath before this incident. So
finally after 2 baths this morning,
Maysie is
finally clean! Does anyone know what about what the ratio is with how many times you have to clean out the tub with each kid due to poo?? If so, let me know
cuz this really could put a limit on how many kids we have... :)
On a happier/more upbeat note: As I was getting
Maysie ready for bed last night, then I
noticed that she got a little sunburn on her shoulders from yesterday's little outdoor excursion with the pool, despite the sunscreen application. Don't worry, she has skin like both Rob and I. We'll burn and then the next day it turns into a killer tan! Lucky, I know! SO... as I was
getting her ready for a bath this morning I decided to take a picture of her new tan lines.
It's still a little bit red on the top of her
shoulders, but not too shabby. I think her tan line looks pretty cool with the
criss-cross
motif going on. :) This was the best picture I got of it... Do you know how hard it is to get a toddler to hold still for a picture
especially when they have to be turned away from you.... Believe me, it's hard!
Wow! what a tan..
Good luck with that. I never had a problem with that. Kate was in to everything. But she really hates poo. She would not even wipe her own butt because she did not want to get it on her hand. So I think all depends on the child.
ReplyDelete