Friday, June 19, 2009

Little Birthday Girl

Today is Maysie's 1st Birthday. I can not believe that one year has already gone by with her here as part of our family. She has been such a delight in both Rob and my lives and has quickly become such a huge part of who we are. She is such a wonderful addition to our family. This morning Maysie woke up and was so happy, way more happier than her normal self especially in the am. We took a fairly leisure morning and decorated her birthday cake then got around and went into Salt Lake for lunch with my sister Diana. We ended up going to Cafe Rio. Yum Yum. Maysie enjoyed the chips and salsa along with bits and pieces of my burrito. After lunch, my Mom and I needed to run some errands. We went to the Distribution Center so she could get a few things and then we walked over to Zearchers to get Maysie a balloon and other fun birthday things. I almost got her a little ball cap that said, "It's Fun Being One" but I couldn't justify the money considering she had another hat the same color and style already so I settled for a little birthday crown. What a little princess. Then when we got the rest of her party stuff, we went to Wal-mart so my mom could get a few things that she needed. Then we came home and had a yummy steak dinner featuring Rob at the grill and potato salad and strawberries. Maysie loves potato salad and strawberries, the rest of us enjoyed the steak too. So for this lovable, huggable, ambitious, wiggly, happy little girl we had one year ago we decided to have a small get together with family. Most of Rob's family happened to go out of town for the weekend since the annual family reunion happens to be tomorrow but we were able to have Diana and her kids, (Rus was home sick) and my Mom came into town from Idaho, along with Rob's brother Willy and his girlfriend Amy over for cake and ice cream.












This is Maysie's birthday crown... She left it on for a while but then it fell off and we couldn't get her to wear it again....

Maysie didn't really want to open her presents, but with the help from me we got them all opened. She is spoiled rotten but is totally worth it. She got some fun books and kids CD from my Mom, a fun ladybug toy from Robs family although we have to exchange it for a new one because this one doesn't work for some reason, and from us she got a blue shirt with matching Hawaiian printed shorts, a leap frog fridge phonics toy, a play camera, and everything to go swimming... a pool, a swimsuit, swimsuit cover-upper, sunglasses, flip-flops, a beach ball and arm floaties. See I told you she was spoiled. :) We made her a monkey cake that is just so super cute. I figured that this was the only year I could really choose what her cake would look like. So of course, I chose my favorite... a white cake with chocolate frosting. (This is why the monkey cake fit in so good... It needed chocolate frosting.) We also made cupcakes which is what we put the candle in for her. Rob and I decided that she should have her own separate cake. All of the cupcakes were plain except for Maysie's and we added the sprinkles on it to match the big cake. It turned out so super cute. I was surprised because Maysie dug right into the cake. She normally likes clean hands but the chocolate frosting must of been finger lickin' good cuz she was munching away. Her face and hands were covered.... Yummmm!












Her Birthday cake... I thought that it turned out really good especially since it was my first attempt at making a cake. This picture isn't the best but my sister was manning the camera for me and wasn't able to get a good picture and I didn't look through the pictures until the cake was almost gone... Oh well... It was still really cute though.
















Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to Maysie, Happy Birthday to you! This is when we were singing or maybe it was just right before we blew the candle out? She wanted to grab the flame instead of blowing it out so I had to hurry and blow it out for her. Does that mean she still gets her wish? :)







Mmmmm. Good. See I told you she loved her cake. She had chocolate covered hands and was sporting a nice chocolaty beard. She also got to mooch off of my plate for the ice cream.... She loves ice cream alot so it made her day that she got some. Now that she is in sugar heaven.... sleeping like an angel, I get to reflect on my feelings of how my baby is no longer a baby but now a toddler... Sniff Sniff. It is so sad on how fast they grow up but it is so rewarding in the same way... Oh emotion's. :) All in all, it was a wonderful and fabulous Birthday. So Happy Birthday Maysie! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Maysie!!! I cannot believe that she is already a year old! Time does fly quickly doesn't it! I have been looking for your blog for so long, but I haven't been able to get it to pull up! So I am glad to see you! Congratulations on making it throught the first year of parenting!

    ReplyDelete