Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'll Do It Myself!

So Maysie is starting this new phase where she wants to be so independent and do everything by herself... This can be good with some things, but other times.... well it can be disastrous. It is great when she wants to help pick up her toys and put them away. It's great, she sees me pick up a few of her toys and put them into the basket and she goes on this hunt looking for all the rest of the toys and puts them away. That means it is mostly less work for me and a cleaner house. Yea! But I could probably do without the help with the dishes right now! Every time I do the dishes and have to occupy Maysie while I am at it can become quite the challenge for me. I normally hand wash the dishes and then put them into the dishwasher to dry... I know, I do extra work, but I a leery with the dishwashers ability to get the dishes all the way clean and I can't stand all of the water spots on the glasses and silverware when they are washed by the dishwasher so I normally just wash them by hand. This may work for now but when we add more people to our family and have a lot more dishes to wash, I will probably become a huge fan of our dishwasher. Don't get me wrong, I love her eagerness, but it would be so, so much easier to do the dishes with out her climbing into the dishwasher to take out every dish that I just put into it. I have quickly discovered that knives, forks and my bendable cutting boards are her most favorite dishes.... She has this 6th sense for whenever I put them into the dishwasher to dry because she will cross the room in seconds to come and try to pull them out and play with them.... Yikes. Like she couldn't pick the most dangerous items (Note the Sarcasm) although, the cutting boards are ok for her to play with.... I just always have to re-rinse or re-wash them. One of her newest things is to try and feed herself. She is a huge fan of finger foods but when she has to eat with the spoon and bowl/plate she almost always insists on trying to do it herself. I don't really mind her learning how to feed herself when we are at home.... but I don't like it when we are out in public or at someone else's home... She can throw a royal tantrum during these times. So as she was eating breakfast this morning, I took a few pictures of her being oh, so independent and feeding herself her oatmeal.... YUM!













She can't quite figure out that the bowl needs to stay upright to keep the food in it! :) (I tried to suction cup it to the highchair tray but she just pulled it off.... And to think that the main reason why I bought those particular bowls it because it can suction cup to the tray to prevent huge messes.... I don't think they tried it out on babies and/or toddlers before they hit the store shelves! LOL)












By this point she was done eating and just playing in this sticky mess.... Don't you just love her face and hands? Needless to say, I am thankful that we have water and rags to clean her up..... :) This afternoon, she was playing so good in her high chair while I was fixing lunch. She was so nice and quite that I didn't think much about her, that when I looked over at her this is what I saw. I definitely had to get a picture of this. :)













She was so tired that she fell asleep while sitting in her chair. She must have exhausted her self by playing with her beloved frog. She has snoozed a few times before in her chair, but never really long enough to get pictures of her... I just happened to be lucky that the camera was still on the kitchen table from the photo shoot at breakfast this morning.






There she goes... Her head fell down as far as she could go in her seat really. I love how she is trying to prop it on her little arm... Anyway's she slept like this for about an hour. I hope it didn't leave a big kink in her neck, (It doesn't look super comfortable) but I didn't have the heart to wake her up because I knew if I did, then I would never get her to take a nap again... besides, it was so nice to be able to eat my lunch hot for once! So now you all know what fun times we had around the dinner table today! Some major Kodak memories happenings I would say...

No comments:

Post a Comment